Experience with hundreds of physician practices.
Helping physicians and institutions to significantly improve the
operations and financial performance of their Physician Practices
is the core business of The INCUS Group. Whether the Practice
is owned by the Physicians or by a hospital, a medical school
or by a foundation, The INCUS Group has years of day-to-day experience
with bringing many additional dollars into the practice by changing
your office processes, monitoring your central or outsourced billing
company, coaching your physician and management leaders, developing
revised operational plans for your office, and if requested providing
interim management during the change process.
INCUS has been asked to determine for private and for faculty
- How much more revenue the practice should be getting from
the quantity and type of work the physicians are performing?
- How well the practice is being managed for high performance?
And if the right staff and management are available, are they
trained and functioning at levels that will assure maximized
patient satisfaction and revenue?
- Do the Physicians and managers have the reporting templates
and tools to manage this business on a daily and weekly basis?
- Can the teaching and supervision model(s) used be improved
to benefit the teaching, the patient service and the economics
of the practice?
INCUS has been asked to do the following for private and for
- Collect hundreds of thousands - even millions - of additional
dollars from the work being done by the physicians.
- Manage the change process for a practice for a 3-4 month implementation
- Recruit and train skilled managers for a practice, and/or
coach existing managers.
- Identify prospective physicians and/or Department chairs and
develop with them an affordable business model and recruiting
package that both they and the organization or the practice
can afford and will accept.
- Work with physicians to change and improve their charge capture
and billing habits, through technology and education.
- Fix the operational problems that continually cause frustration
among physicians and patients.
- Act as the business partner for a Department Chairman or Program
Director, while developing business plans and models to realize
their vision. .
- Develop recruiting processes to retain house staff.
- Teach practice management sessions for Residents and Faculty.
INCUS has experience in the key management areas crucial to
your success, including:
- Evaluate and recommend the best technology systems to work
in your practice environment.
- Development and implementation of systems for better charge
capture, reconciliation, and reimbursement, combined with monitoring
billing activity for compliance while identifying opportunities
to increase your revenues and cash collections;
- General accounts receivable management, focused on reducing
A/R days, increasing time-of-service collections and minimizing
- Increasing departmental productivity via better scheduling,
reduction of non-productive time, fine-tuning the configuration
of equipment and technology, and staff-managed compliance with
- Maximizing effective use of physician time through the use
of physician extenders, and where applicable, managing reimbursement
for such intermediate level providers;
- Developing strategic relationships whereby increasing department
- Development of new centers and programs, managing the process
from conceptual framework through regulatory, organizational
and community approvals, program implementation and operations